Choose the health content that’s right for you, and get it delivered right in your inbox.
The weather might still feel like summer, but Centra Care Urgent Care and Get Healthy Florida’s 2013 Fast & Free Flu Shot events are just a few weeks away. Six sites are scheduled this year. A flu shot is the single best protection against the flu. The CDC recommends getting your flu shot as soon as they are available. There is no reason to delay, as immunity will last throughout the flu season.
Visit www.GetHealthyFlorida.com for all dates and locations.
Who Should Be Vaccinated?
The flu vaccine will help protect you, and anyone that comes into contact with you who are at high risk for developing flu-related complications. Including:
- Pregnant women
- Children younger than 5, but especially younger than 2 years old
- People 50 years of age and older
- People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions
- People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, including:
- Health care workers
- Household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu
- Household contacts and out of home caregivers of children less than 6 months of age (these children are too young to be vaccinated)