Choose the health content that’s right for you, and get it delivered right in your inbox.
If you or your child have recently had a known exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, AdventHealth Centra Care is here to help. Here is what you should do:
Stay Home and Self Isolate
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Wear a mask and avoid close contact (maintain a distance of at least six feet) when around other individuals in your home. If this is not possible with young children, both the child and parent or caretaker should self-isolate.
- When soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash your hands with soap and water if they are visibly dirty.
Know When to Get Tested
For the most accurate results, it’s best to get tested within 5 to 7 days of exposure OR at the earliest onset of symptoms. This reduces the odds of a false negative result. Any close contacts should also be tested.
All AdventHealth Centra Care locations offer:
• COVID-19 evaluation, testing and treatment for all ages
• Antigen test results available in as little as 15 minutes after sample collection
• PCR testing (another type of COVID-19 test) available if needed
• Easy reservation scheduling with clinics open 7 days a week
Make an online reservation and learn more about test at Centra Care locations here.