Frequently Asked Questions for Employers
To help keep you and your employees informed, Medical Director Dr. Tim Hendrix has provided recommendations for the top questions asked by employers.
- Should I wear a mask at work? What if I’m fully vaccinated?
- I’m fully vaccinated, but have some symptoms of COVID-19. Should I get a test?
- What do I do if I’ve been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19?
- I’ve just tested positive for COVID-19. How long do I need to quarantine?
- I’m fully vaccinated. Are the vaccines effective against the delta variant?
For a Safe Environment
AdventHealth can help you tailor these plans to your individual, unique business needs.
- Prepare for universal masking of all employees and guests.
- Plan for 100% temperature checks daily at the start of shift, and protocols for all individuals (guests/employees) entering a facility. Plans may include hand-held rapid temperature testing or temperature assessment cameras at major entrances.
- Continue Social Distancing: Design environments to accommodate social distancing and staff safety – keeping individuals 6-ft apart. Examples include:
- Ample waiting spaces or non-waiting approaches like “wait in the car and we’ll text you” when ready.
- Re-design of lines and interaction points: (dots on the floor, shields between visitors and staff)
- Employees must practice aggressive Hand Hygiene – washing hands with soap and water for >20 seconds before and after close contact with a guest.
- Sanitize work surfaces after any close contact with an employee or guest.